Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Last day in Bangkok

As my last night in Bangkok, of course I couldn't sleep, and because I had already been awake since 4am, I decided to get up at 530am and go up to the roof. On one side, there was the almost full moon, and on the other...
A beautiful shockingly colorful sunrise. I was overwhelmed at the amazingness of it, especially since it was the first sunrise I'd actually seen in Thailand without being blocked by buildings all around. The sun seems to bounce into the sky here, it usually is a very few minutes from the time that there is a glimmer of light to the time that the sun is past the horizon.
A beautiful city so in need of God's truth.
I prayed Psalm 36 as I sat there on the roof;

Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. 
Your righteousness is like the mountains of God, 
your judgements are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O LORD. 
How precious is your steadfast love, O God! 
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 
They feast on the abundance of your house, 
and your give them drink from the river of your delights. 
For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.

1 comment: