Monday, March 11, 2013

Beautiful Belfast

we have been in Belfast since last Friday, this is the view outside our hostel window. still raining and very misty when we first arrived and Saturday too was rainy. 
 We went walking to Queens University... and the Botanical Gardens nearby. But I got very cold and wet and it was rather miserable. I never thought I would be sick of rain, but I am very sick of rain and cold wind and mist. 


 Amazingly, on Sunday morning when we got up, the sun was shining and the sky was blue! We got so excited to see the sun for the first time since arriving in Ireland!


 We visited a little church that often has American tourists and they were very welcoming and apologized for all the rain. :P
 We went walking to the docks and the quays.
 The other side of the bridge, you can see all the crazy blue skies. I have never missed blue skies except for here. :P I think I was being affected by seasonal affective disorder. SAD. :D
 We went walking to East Belfast, there were lots of murals talking about the conflicts between Britain and Ireland

 St Patricks Church. I think that name is being reused. :P seems like a lot of churches called St Patrick
 This statue in East Belfast outside the Holyarches Library is called The Searcher and it is of Digory Kirk from CS Lewis' Narnia books. He is opening a wardrobe into other worlds. :)
 The shipyards nearby where the Titanic was built.

 Us. :)
 Believe me, we didn't play ANY games. :P

6 comments:

  1. Great pics! how are the hostels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They have been cheap and decent. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the laughs and for the online tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I'm glad you guys can join in and see this stuff!

      Delete
  3. Loving the pictures and the blog! Looks like you are having a great time :D Looking forward to reading more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want an "All Games Prohibited" sign now... It's just so random and slightly depressing that it is hilarious.

    And those are some SERIOUSLY blue skies. Torturous. O_o

    ReplyDelete